Monday, May 05, 2008

whatever you do...

You know, if you follow Jesus seriously for long enough He'll challenge you with something that is hard. That may not be a very popular message today in our "microwave culture", but none-the-less, it's true.

I ran across a verse today that God used to encourage me and challenge me.

Col 3:23-24 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, (24) knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

It seems as though, if we're (or at least me) honest with ourselves, it's very easy to find reasons to not do something, or at least to not do it with all of our heart. But if we want to truly say we are followers of Christ we don't have that option.

Last weekend I had to go work on a couple rental properties for the majority of the day on Saturday. I didn't want to do that. But I did, and amazingly enough, God encouraged and strengthened my while I went about doing my business at the properties I was working.

There is a satisfaction in doing a job well. In genuinely accomplishing something we find a part of who we were originally created to be.

We are created to work. That was part of our original being in the garden.

Whatever you do...do it well.

Whatever
you
do
.

peace,
glo

No comments: