Friday, November 09, 2007

Fatherhood...

Many things in my life have been bringing me to contemplate fatherhood more than ever before. Just this week a good friend of mine, Nathan and his wife, Liz, brought a baby boy into the world. This Sunday I will be doing the first baby dedication in our new building for John and Jay Rosenbaum's baby girl, Isabella Pauline. We also finished our classes at the hospital where we will bring our baby girl into the world in less than 6 weeks. So, I've been thinking a lot about it...

I don't know if I could put it any better than "new-grandpa", Rick Gann put it, on a thread about his new baby grandson, when he said...

In producing a child, we share the glory of the Creator
In forgiving rebellion, we share the heart of the Father
In being reconciled, we share the love of God.

yeah, that just about says it all.

peace,
greg

No comments: